Freedom From Abuse #Care4Christmas 2021
October 25, 2021
The last 18 months have been tough on everyone but one of the things that helped 10 ladies in Kent get through, was the power of their female network.
This awesome tribe consists of Jan (Rift), Lyndsey (Gallagher), Julie (Rap Interiors), Mei-Ling (Brachers), Anita (Family Business Place), Claire (Spatial Dimensions) Josephine (Kent Community Foundation), Dina [CAF Bank), Sally (Baldwins Travel), Emma (Global).
On the run up to Christmas 2021 once again their mission is to help others. Due to the dramatic rise in domestic violence, their goal is to raise £20,000 by 20th December to support 4 charities to help those who have fled from domestic abuse.
1 woman is killed every 4 days in the UK at the hands of their abuser.
Over the last 18 months there has been a reported 50% rise in intensified domestic abuse in Kent alone. During that time, local charities supported over 1,000 families across Kent & Medway. There were 1874 children associated with those adults.
If you would like to donate to this appeal you can do so by clicking this link https://kentcf.org.uk/give/care-for-christmas-appeal
Domestic violence is rarely openly discussed, so calls to experts are vital and in huge demand. The new home environment created by the pandemic has confined victims under the same roof as abusers for prolonged periods of time. Alongside financial stress and lack of social support, this is said to be one of the key factors for the rise in numbers.
41% of those that leave will continue to be harassed by the abuser, threatened, and even murdered for leaving.
Let’s get them the urgent help they need. We are hoping our Care4Christmas campaign will create more resources for charities that support victims of domestic abuse and that victims can find strength from knowing there is a way out and where to find help. Together we want to make a difference to the many families in Kent who have sought help and really do deserve a fabulous Christmas.
We have specifically chosen these 4 local charities because they help with the entire recovery process of domestic abuse, Oasis – Refuge Support Kent, Rising Sun Domestic Abuse Kent, Dogs Trust Fostering Freedom Project Kent, and NSPCC Medway.
We have teamed up with Kent Community Foundation to ensure the money will be distributed accordingly.
Donations will be used for:
- £15 could pay for a set of pyjamas and underwear for a child who has fled violence
- £20 can buy a set of plates, bowls etc, for a young mum moving in/out of sheltered accommodation
- £30 could provide an hour of counselling for a child or mother to help deal with their trauma
- £40 will pay for the costs of fostering a dog for a month
- £50 can buy arts and crafts needed for one of our children’s recovery programmes or a kitchen starter kit for a family resettling from refuge
- £100 can fund a fun day out for children and young people who have lived with domestic abuse or a pre-loved bed and new mattress for a client resettling
- £150 could pay for 10 hours of counselling to help someone recover from the trauma they’ve experienced
If you would like to donate a gift rather than money, then you can choose from the following:
- A voucher for a day out if you wish to nominate specifically (Legoland, Kent Wildlife trust and many more)
- New Toys for children who may have left the family home and their belongings behind. We must specify new toys only please as part of the pandemic guidelines
- Books – David Walliams, Jacqueline Wilson, lift the flap books, touch and feel books
- Diaries and calendars – to help adults with planning for the future
- Vouchers from Sports Direct, Primark, ASDA, Tesco, Sainsburys so that we can purchase clothing in the correct size
- Bedding for single beds
- Boxed toiletries, for any age
We have 4 designated drops off points around Kent:
Spatial Dimensions, Unit 17 Wealden Place, Sevenoaks TN13 3QQ
Rap Interiors, 6 Orchard Ind Est, Maidstone ME15 9YE
Gallagher Group, Leitrim House, Aylesford ME20 7NS
Rift Group, The Cobalt Building, Business Pl, 1600 Lower Pemberton, Ashford TN25 4BF
Please give generously https://kentcf.org.uk/give/care-for-christmas-appeal
What people are saying about us...
“Spatial Dimensions not only carried out their scope of works diligently and efficiently, but also produced resulting surveys to a high quality of which they should be proud.”
Colin Hobart, Director, 3D Reid
“We have been very impressed with the quality and detail of the information received,
easily amongst the best survey drawings we’ve had.”
David Valinsky, Architect, NRAP
“A company that listens and cares.
A joy to work with.”
Peter Searle, Kier Group
“Spatial have always priced the jobs fairly and committed to and executed tight programmes for us.
Works always sent over on time and to the brief.
Very professional and Friendly service.”
Zoe Horton, Director, GBA Designs
“We have found Spatial Dimensions to be contactable and reliable.
They provide timely and competitive quotations and carry out comprehensive surveys to instructions.”
Glen Ernest, Director, GDM Architects
“They have been more detailed than our previous suppliers and far more efficient in their approach.
I would recommend them to anyone who appreciates quality work.”
Chris Old, Director, Charter House Holdings
“Claire and her team proved to be professional, efficient delivering high quality 2D and 3D drawings.
Just a pleasure to work with.”
Amiina Bakunowicz, Founder, Archilab7